Well it’s time for the latest update to our Galaxy Note and it’s in the form of ICS otherwise known as Ice Cream Sandwich. Warning!!! This is just for the AT&T Note, not the international. You are risking your device and I’m not liable for you flashing this leaked ROM. It’s pretty stable and makes the phone run a lot smoother. Just follow my instructions and you should be good. Make sure you battery is fully charged before we start. The screenshots are pictures of my Samsung Note after this is completed, not process pics. Lets get started :)
2) On your computer, go to the .exe that you just downloaded above and run as administrator. Typically you right click and Run as Administrator. Say yes or okay if it prompts you. Odin will open. Now, leave the computer alone. Back to your phone.
3) Time to put your phone in download mode. Turn it off, or power it down completely. Press and hold volume down (on the left) and the power button (on the right) until it turns on. You’ll see a warning message. Don’t worry. Press volume up (on the left) to enter download mode.
4) Now plug in your phone to your computer using your USB cable. Odin should recognize the phone. The indicator is usually a yellow box within Odin.
5) If you see a yellow box or that Odin has detected your phone, CLICK START!
6) Be very patient as it can take some time. Also it will boot up possibly twice and show the Android logo and the AT&T logo. Do not unplug or interrupt this process at all
7) Your phone should boot up if you followed my instructions and you should have ICS or Ice Cream Sandwhich with facial recognition and all the goodies that come with ICS except a few others because this is a leaked version but it’s very stable. Almost everything runs smoothly.
Note: If you get a forced close upon start-up this is normal because this is a leaked unfinished version.
8) Optional! Most importantly if you want to take advantage of ICS I recommend you download the Apex Launcher. It’s highly customizable. I recommend it and I love this launcher!
[How To] Root Galaxy Note i717 model
Beforehand: Make Sure Samsung Kies is install on your computer. If that link is down then just Google it and download and install it on your computer.
1) Time to put your phone in download mode as we did in the above instructions. Turn it off, or power it down completely. Press and hold volume down (on the left) and the power button (on the right) for approximately 10 seconds. You’ll see a warning message. Don’t worry. Press volume up (on the left) to enter download mode.
2) Now plug in your phone to your computer using your USB cable.
3) Download This ZIP file HERE and make sure you unzip it. If you did successfully you should see 4 files. If the previous link doesn’t work please contact me and I’ll find another source.
4) Locate where you unzipped those files and double click odin3 v1.85.exe . In Odin you should see a yellow rectangular box and that means you’re ready.
5) In Odin click the PDA button and find where you unzipped odin_ni717_cwm_recovery_b4.tar. It should be located in the same place as the other files. Hit START!!
6) You should see a PASS or RESET in Odin. Once your phone reboots copy over Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to your SD card. To do this just plug in your phone to the computer, as it may already be, and copy and paste that previous file into the root or somewhere convenient on the Phone or SD card. I picked Phone Storage.
7) Now we need to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. This is important. Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down as well as the power for 10 seconds. When your phone resets (you will feel little vibration and the screen will turn off), now keep holding down the Volume Down and the Power button ONLY. If you didn’t do this correctly, try again.
8) Phone will boot up into CWM Recovery and the text will look blue. Using your volume buttons as navigation, go to Install zip from sdcard. Press the power button to select. Then go to choose zip from Internal sdcard or wherever you stored it and you the power button to select. You should eventually see Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Select it with the power button, confirm and let it run by selecting YES.
9. That should be done very quickly and when it has it will say “Install complete. Enjoy!” Install from sdcard complete.
10. Root and you’re now rooted!! I hope you have ICS as well!!
11. Optional! If you want to take advantage of ICS I recommend you download the Apex Launcher. It’s highly customizable. I recommend it and I love this launcher!