Let me start by saying there are many methods and avenues besides Google but I love Google Adsense because in the past they have paid consistently and like their model of advertising and endless options. So how do you/I make money on a website using Google Adsense? Here’s a few tips that should help.
1) Have a website with CONTENT, ACTUAL CONTENT. This content can be articles, pictures, and video. If your site is based heavily on plugins with video and pictures I still recommend you put some text with it so Google’s algorithm can display the most relevant ads. It’s easier for something that doesn’t have eyes to read text rather than a picture. Basically, the more relevant the ads that Google serves the more money you will make.
2) BIG RULE: Never click your own ads or have your friends do it because Google is smart, smarter than you. Even if you go to your friend’s house and try and click eventually the game will be over because Google will catch on to your pattern. Eventually they will catch you. Cheating isn’t going to get you anywhere if you want to do thing legitimately with Google AdSense. Know and read their TOS (terms of service) before you try and throw more than three ads on one page.
3) This sort of goes back to number one. Post content that is interesting and content that has a niche market. Posting vague articles or copying and pasting will not help you achieve your goals.
4) Optimize your ads and put them in places where people will click. The bottom right is the worse place to put an ad. Make it blend with the fabric of your website and look natural. Don’t go overboard and trick your users into clicking because you’ll get banned.
5) Make sure Google’s spiders can index your website. This should be enabled in your settings in WordPress or whatever CMS (Content Management System) that you’re using. In addition, use ALL of Google’s tools at your disposal. They have different options and functions that are designed for you to succeed. If the first color, ad doesn’t work then try another one. Speaking of options, use other third party plugins like Easy AdSense for WordPress and the various other AdSense friendly software to help you. Again, make sure it doesn’t violate Google’s policies.
6) Make friends with similar blogs because link-backs help your site’s credibility. Mob mentality, the more that link to you the more chances you have of moving up in the search results and making money. I’ve provided a screenshot of someone’s AdSense. Nice!
7) Another rule you should live by is not making all your online revenue through Google. Start placing direct ads from other ad services and mix it up a little. Don’t violate Google’s terms but you can delicately do this and achieve success.
8) Use Facebook, Twitter, and all the social tools available. It’s often free traffic and if you post your article in a relevant group or discussion on Facebook, Twitter then they’re more likely to view your article, post and click your ads.
9) Patience is key. It may take up to a full year for you to see any substantial ad revenue. Some sites make a few pennies a day, some a few dollars, and some way more. Don’t get discouraged by this. Daily, there are approximately one million new sites introduced to the world wide web, and it’s an on going battle for attention.
10) Make your website attractive and make it stand out. Be unique, edgy, and out-of-the-box. People will come to your site for the content and ultimately forget the ads. Remember Google Adsense is free money so don’t complain if you made a penny today.
I’m done…GET IT
Trending Today On Facebook & Twitter: