Did you purchase a LTE 4G phone from AT&T and a week later you exceeded the 2G limit imposed by AT&T? Even if you have an unlimited plan, which doesn’t exist anymore, they will still throttle or slow down your data speed. This is ridiculous! Why sell your 4G infrastructure and blazing fast 4G LTE phones then limit your customers?
Many customers received the following text message “AT&T Free Msg: Your data usage is among the top 5% of users. Data speeds for the rest of your current bill cycle may be reduced. Visit (AT&T).” This method is widely known but I thought a step by step instructional guide might help those who don’t know how to circumvent the data limitation.
1. Now lets create a new APN. Go to Settings > Wireless and Network > > Mobile Networks > Click Access Point Names
2. Press the menu button (typically on the left). Click New APN. Name your APN whatever you want, it doesn’t matter but after that input exactly what the picture below says. Make sure you type Phone in the APN.
MMS port is 80
MCC is 310
MNC is 410
Authentication type is None
APN type is internet + mms + supl
3. Now click the menu button (on the button, left) and click Save.
4. Now select the new APN by clicking the circle on the right. You can’t select the apn by clicking the name. Click the circle. Some phones make select it as green or another color.
5. Finally Go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Click Network Mode and force your phone to use GSM/HSPA (Auto mode) by selecting it…THERE’S MORE SO AFTER YOU’RE DONE selecting GSM/HSPA go back and select HSPA only. That’s the final step. This will force your phone to use HSPA and it will toggle between HSPA and UMTS with no throttling.
Your phone will still say 4G at the top but you’re using the next best thing HSPA which is better than the slow EDGE. It’s an excellent compromise until your billing period starts over and then you can go back to AT&T’s original APN.
Trending Today On Facebook & Twitter: