I HAVE THE FIX, AND I’M GOING TO TELL YOU HOW I DID IT.
You can’t get into Download Mode
Odin won’t recoginze your phone.
You’ve tried the key combinations and it stills goes to the phone, exclamation point computer icon screen.
You don’t want to return your phone to AT&T, T-Mobile (I’m not sure if this works for T-Mobile version), but it does for AT&T Samsung Captivate.
You can fix this issue two ways….
OPTION 1) How to Fix it using One-Click Unbrick. Click HERE
OPTION 2) How to Fix it the manual way? BELOW!!
I got instructions for another site, BUT I did things a little differently and it worked for me.
1. Make sure Odin3 is download.
2. What I did that differs is I right clicked and ran as Administrator. You may not have to do this.
3. Take Sim out, and SD Card out.
4. Make sure Odin3 is running currently on your computer.
Follow these commands while odin3 is opened. When I say Odin3, I mean Odin3 One Click Downloader.
5. Reminder, Odin3 is running and your phone is currently NOT plugged into the computer.
6. Okay, put your battery in. Now plug in the USB to your phone.
7. THE NEXT STEP IS THE TRICK.
8. Hold down both Volume key and then push power, and HOLD, now KEEP HOLDING until it goes to black, KEEP HOLDING A SECOND TIME until it goes to black and the icons come back on. Now when it goes Black the second time release the Power button ONLY.
9. Viola you’re in Download mode. The key was holding the buttons, letting it go to black once, and then letting it go to black again, and then release only the power button while you’re hands are still on the volume buttons.
10. Now Odin3 should recognize your phone on a Com port, your computer will recognize it and you’re ready to revert back to stock or do whatever.
Remember, there’s always a workaround and DON’T send your phone to AT&T or T-Mobile. I fixed mine.